We have written a series of tutorials for new users to BioFVM, an open source 3-D (and 2-D) diffusion solver for C++ (Ghaffarizadeh et al., 2016). They are there to walk users through various aspects of BioFVM, such as setting up g++ and writing a sample project.
Readers may also want to take a look at the original BioFVM announcement.
Getting ready to use BioFVM
- Setting up a 64-bit gcc environment in Windows.
- Setting up gcc / OpenMP on OSX (MacPorts edition)
Note: We highly recommend using Homebrew instead. (See below).
- Setting up gcc / OpenMP on OSX (Homebrew edition)
Note: This is the preferred method for Mac OSX.
- BioFVM warmup: 2D continuum simulation of tumor growth
- Saving MultiCellDS data from BioFVM
- Building a Cellular Automaton Model using BioFVM